One of the hottest fashion trends of the moment is the Bohemian look, a laid back, flirty, feminine hippie style that takes its inspiration from music festivals, the 1970s and the new age movement. Styles like bell bottom jeans, long flowing skirts, leather jackets with fringe, paisley patterned shirts, maxi dresses and other 70’s inspired romantic looks are all the rage at the moment.
Originally, the etymology of the name of this style dates back to the territory of what is present day Czech Republic, which was known as Bohemia. If you want to add a little bit of 1970s hippie flair to your wardrobe, you might want to give the bohemian look a try. If you want to be a Bohemian goddess, here are some tips and ideas for wearing this fashion trend:
- Try to incorporate more natural fabrics into your wardrobe, such as velvet, linen, silk, fur, chiffon, leather, suede, cotton and denim.
- The Bohemian look usually doesn’t include high heels – swamp them out for wedges or flat sandals instead in natural materials such as leather.
- The boho look doesn’t include neon or unnatural shades. Instead, go for hues that would be found in the natural world such as blues, greens and browns. You can also add in some jewel tones such as ruby, sapphire and emerald as well as a few accents of gold and silver.
- This look involves layering a lot of jewellery and bracelets at once. For example, try wearing stackable bracelets as well as layering several necklaces on top of each other.
- When you are laying your ChloBo Bohemian jewellery, make sure that the pieces have something in common that ties them together – such as being made of the same metal or having similar coloured gemstones in them. This helps to unite the look visually and make it more appealing.
- When you are layering different pieces of clothing on top of each other, play with contrasting proportions. For example, if you have a loose flowing skirt you can pair it with a form fitting top, or vice versa.
- When it comes to layering – avoid wearing too many layers on top of each other. It will start to look baggy and overwhelming and will make you look heavier than you really are. It’s important to know when to stop!
- A crown of flowers around your head is the ultimate boho chic accessory. It doesn’t have to be made of real flowers, there are plenty of fake flower crowns that you can buy.
- A pair of round sunglasses or aviators really add to the hippie look, as well as protecting your eyes from the sun’s rays.
- Choose a gorgeous scarf in a striking colour and instead of wearing it on your body – wrap it around your head. It can help you look chic even on a bad hair day and add a lot of intrigue to your look.
- Don’t be afraid to mix together several different prints and patterns with your bohemian look. The style is all about putting together an eclectic mix of colours, patterns and prints.
- The fringed look is really big when it comes to boho style. Try wearing a coat or a purse with fringe in order to get this style.
- You can give a little bit of a punk rock or urban edge to your boho look by wearing studded accessories, skulls, chains and black leather.
- You will be able to find gorgeous boho style clothing at a great price by visiting your local vintage clothing store or used clothing shop. Take the time to shop around and you will be amazed at what you can find.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind for wearing the Bohemian look. Of course, the most important thing to remember is that your style is your own, not anyone else’s. You can be inspired by a certain style, but you don’t have to copy it and look just like a photo in a magazine. You can feel free to have fun and experiment with your own personal style, so that you create a look that is one of a kind and suited to you. That’s what fashion is all about – expressing yourself creatively by the way you dress!